Transmission fluid lubricates for all of the moving parts inside your transmission. In an automatic transmission, this fluid also serves as a coolant, as well as, transmitting power from the engine to the transmission. If fluid isn’t changed, it actually degrades and breaks down with use. It also becomes contaminated with worn metal shavings from the transmission. This will shorten the transmission’s life. The result could be thousands of dollars in repairs. In other words, changing your transmission fluid at the correct interval is a wise investment.
As with all American LubeFast® services, your old transmission fluid will be captured andrecycled to keep our planet green!
The Automatic Transmission Service
- 100% of your old fluid, dirt and contaminants are flushed from your transmission.
- Your transmission is refilled with up to 15 quarts of premium transmission fluid that meets or exceeds your manufacturer’s specifications.
The Manual Transmission Service
- All existing fluid, dirt and contaminants are drained from your transmission.
- All drain and fill plugs are inspected for damage.
- Your transmission is refilled with up to 5 pints of premium transmission fluid that meets or exceeds your manufacturer’s specifications